Old 09-26-21, 05:37 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4420 Post(s)
Liked 4,873 Times in 3,017 Posts
Originally Posted by Porknz
Sorry. Should have given more details.

It's a refurbished Wahoo Kickr Core from Wahoo.

I did buy a separate cassette from Wahoo.

I'm not sure I got all of the paperwork with the refurbished model, so I'm going off of what I got. I understand there is something to line up when getting the cassette installed.

Does it matter how many gears are on my bike normally vs how many are on the new cassette? I think the new cassette might have more.

(Figuring how to get my bike taken apart enough will be the next step. )
There are quite a few potential issues here:-

1. It does very much matter how many gears are on your bike vs the new cassette. They have to match or your rear mech won't shift properly.
2. Also if the new cassette has different max and min sized gears you might have to adjust both your chain length and rear mech adjustment to clear the cassette. At worst case if your new cassette has a much larger gear your rear mech might not have enough capacity to clear it at all.

So at this point you need to take a look at the cassette on your bike and see how it matches the new one you bought. If the new one has a different number of gears then you need to swap it for a cassette identical to the one on your bike. That's your easiest option here.