View Single Post
Old 09-24-21, 08:16 PM
bmwpowere36m3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dougpgreen
Maybe it's just dumb luck, but I inspected the rim straps and they looked pristine and tight to the rims. I've only had problems with a very slow leakage on one of the 4 wheels and I think I chased that down to a valve core. At this point I really want to undo all of it and put on tape and replace the valves with ones that fit the rims better, but at present it ain't broke. I'm probably going to just buy the materials for at least one bike and have them handy if I run into issues. I don't know which is more un-nerving, when something is supposed to work and doesn't or when something is working for you and you find out it shouldn't.
Picked up another puncture, rear this time, on our trip Provincetown... it must be related to the high TPI/thin/supple tires with minimal thread depth. I don't recall having so many flats in such a short period of time. Good thing I brought my tubeless conversion supplies on the trip and started with the freshly punctured rear.

Ordered a set of OrangeSeal 48mm valve stems off Amazon, which come with two styles of gasket (cone and round wedge) and o-ring seal for stem nut. I used the wedge gasket and put in ~75 mL of OrangeSeal endurance. So far, the wheel is holding pressure and I've had no issues on a few rides.