Thread: At the co-op
View Single Post
Old 01-27-18, 11:29 PM
Senior Ryder 00 
Old bikes, Older guy

Bikes: A few modern, Several vintage, All ridden when weather allows.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked 168 Times in 116 Posts
Co-op Intro

Hello,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce our local bicycle oriented cooperative/nonprofit community service organization where I volunteer. Our goal is to provide bicycles to those less fortunate. We have an “Earn-a-Bike” program for adults, a program for providing bikes to children and another to provide refugee youth with bikes. We also have day and evening classes in bike repair and maintenance.

Although we are a full service bike shop, we do not compete with local bike shops, but work in cooperation with them. There are cross referrals between our businesses. Essentially we address different markets and work together to help the community avoid the disappointment of “cheap” bikes.

Local donations and grants support us and our programs. We also sell used parts and refurbished bikes as well as some new parts and entry level bikes.

Our senior mechanics sometimes take on personal projects doing retro-mod type rebuilds to help the cash flow. See attached picture. I’ve also attached pictures of some specialty “as is” bikes that have been donated. Additionally, we have some vintage stuff; parts, frames and a few complete bikes.

If you happen to be in or passing through the Portland, OR metro area, you are invited to stop in and check us out.
The
Northwest Hub
BICYCLES FOR ALL

1230 Broadway St. NE, Salem, OR 97301 - Phone: 503.584.1052 - info@thenorthwesthub.org
Hours: Tuesday – Friday: 10 to 6, Saturday: 10 to 5, Closed Sunday & Monday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Retro Path.JPG (268.3 KB, 766 views)
PUG Single.jpg (285.3 KB, 778 views)
Nice Refurb.jpg (261.3 KB, 770 views)
Stripped.JPG (197.0 KB, 777 views)