Old 12-14-20, 08:21 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1099:

Had to drop the truck my son drives off at the shop for some service, so I left the house driving. Parked the truck at the shop, then rode 5 miles from there to work. I'll reverse the process after work, although if I'm feeling ornery I may ride back to the shop over lunch and pay for the service, then ride back to the office. Either way I won't drive until after work.

My coldest commute of the season so far. Overall, it's been a fairly warm December for us. Temp was 7°F, but there was hardly any wind so it wasn't too bad. The tip of my left middle finger got unusually cold for some reason, but the rest of me fared pretty well.

Encountered one other guy riding. I said, "Good morning!" as I passed, but he remained silent. Maybe he was frozen.

When I got to the office I did the obligatory "take your temperature before you enter the building." The forehead scanning thermometer registered 91°. I don't think they design those with winter bike commuters in mind.