View Single Post
Old 05-23-21, 10:16 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3238 Post(s)
Liked 2,085 Times in 1,181 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
Ebikes are amazing. They open the door for more cyclists to join the hobby, allows old/feeble people to go fast, and allows the average rider to tackle things they never could have before. I don't own an Ebike but the cyclists who cry about them are real babies, they aren't cheating. Also they are great to draft.

Who cares about the local ordinance? Lol. srs op? There ain't an ebike police
Yes and no. I got passed by a middle aged couple on e-bikes about 3 weeks ago on a local bike path in a state park where the use of e-bikes is illegal. Note that there's no signage anywhere that prohibits e-bikes, it's just a state law you might or might not know. What puzzled me was this was a couple that were younger than me, much skinnier and fitter looking (I'm a clyde) and I had to wonder why spend the huge amount of money on his and her e-bikes ?, why not get non motorized and get a better workout ?. I get why a person older, or who otherwise has physical issues (knees, hips) that makes pushing pedals difficult. Perhaps one of those two seemingly fit people on e-bikes had a physical issue, I couldn't tell. Thus I tend to give a pass. I do not give a pass to the a-holes riding obviously throttle e-bikes on the mt. bike dirt trails, those guys get the cops called on them, nor to the idiot on a Vespa doing 25-30 on the paved boardwalk at one of NYC's beaches. Cops need to stay on that and do not.
Likes For Steve B.: