View Single Post
Old 08-31-22, 03:17 AM
joey buzzard

Bikes: Swift Folder, Haro Vector, Sundeal V1 mini-velo,1991 Peugeot 531 Reynolds road bike with Campy wheels and Ultegra 6600 groupset

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 96 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that it doesn't put you off keepng a nice bike for too long, or even better still, miracle of miracles, your stolen Fnhon finds its way back to you.

​Our of curiosity, which metro station did it go missing from outside of? I realise it could happen anywhere, but it's good to know where the larceny occured so that I can pause and consider my options should I ever end up in that very place and be tempted to lock up my bike for a period of time. Also, did they cut through or pry apart a lock and if so, what kind was it? I use these abus folding locks these days.

https://www.abus.com/uk/Mobile-Secur...Lite-6055-Mini

In general I only lock up for short periods when I need to nip into a shop, etc. In Victoria B.C. the city has introduced a valet bike parking service downtown. Maybe something similar needs to be provided at the busier Montreal Metro stations?

Anyway, good luck. Hope you get your bike back, or at least some payback in golden karma.

Origami is rolling out a new Swift sometime in the nearaway future. If you change your mind about having another nice bike and you fancy another folder that rides well and is rather fast it might be worth considering.