born again cyclist

Bikes: I have five of brikes

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by VRC
Do you like property B 20 Minutes more?
that's what i don't know. perhaps a few commuting test runs are in order.

Originally Posted by VRC
Are you going to work the same place forever?
forever is a profoundly long time, but barring unforeseen circumstances, i certainly see myself staying at my current job for at least the next 5 years and beyond.

Originally Posted by VRC
How about proximity to the kids' future schools?
both properties are within a 1.5 block walking distance of good quality K-8 neighborhood schools.

Originally Posted by alan s
Choose the one that is a better investment.
they're similar enough property types in similar enough neighborhoods that neither one is anywhere close to being obviously better than the other from an investment perspective.

Originally Posted by mcours2006
Second, you're an MUP. That's rather ideal that you don't have to contend with traffic, even if it is side street traffic.
i'm not sure that the MUP in question is actually better than my current city side-street route. the MUP runs along a canal and is crossed by extremely busy streets every half mile that have obnoxiously long traffic light cycles. i've ridden the MUP in question in the past with mixed results of being able to pace my riding to the timing of the traffic lights.

again, some test rides could probably help me sort some of this out in my own mind.