View Single Post
Old 05-26-21, 02:34 PM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 422 Posts
Heres the "Weed Garden" its hard to see but the whole patch is carved out as a serpentine swale. there's just a little bit of slope and it is possible to water from the top end and fill the entire ditch. the drainage is to good to do that when the water table is down, but the set up dose seem to trap moisture. I think I'm going to fill the ditches with rotting wood and chips next year to get more of a sponge going on. Its an unfenced patch and has had a series of different weeds come up over the years. My girl has a thing about the past due dates on foods and apparently seeds also, so I take what ever she thinks is no good and toss it in here. There lots of vegetable's growing in there and I need to spend some time doing a little chop and drop with the other stuff. Limiting factor is the black walnut tree that I foolishly saved from the strangler vines, and now its taken off and is poisoning the ground around it.