Old 11-14-21, 09:31 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 1,744 Times in 1,015 Posts
Originally Posted by zandoval
I must add That I recently spoke to a Texas DPS (Highway Patrol) officer. He said there may soon be a law in multiple states against obscuring the rear license plate in any way. This will be a big thing for allot of trailer hitch attachments. So much so I would not likely invest allot of money into a device that may obscure the rear license plate. Of course there is probably a way to mount the license plate to make it more visible... Just an engineering problem?

Yea I have always wondered about that myself, but while my 1Up completely blocks my plate, but I have never had any issues with the police. In fact I had a highway patrol behind me today for about 15 miles when I was traveling down a back country 2 lane road. I do know that 1Up sells a plate holder if it becomes a problem that I had to deal with. The only time I take my off the truck is if I want to run the truck through the car wash, they won't let me go through with it on the back.

Likes For jaxgtr: