View Single Post
Old 02-15-22, 09:18 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
Yes, I am sure I had my correct address. I buy all sorts of stuff on there, and never have had a problem. And, the tracking normally looks like randyjawa mentions. A used Syncros multitool came the day after, also from an ebay seller. Here is the tracking for that one:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...99160652504%2C

The guy's feedback isn't 100%, like I said there is one neutral feedback saying he took forever to ship, and at least one sale that got backed out of. This could indicate many possible troubles on his end, including but not limited to his mailing situation.

I do not want to overtax my postal employees, and I really do not have time to stand in line for half an hour right now. Notwithstanding that the culture in this town is such that every interaction has the potential to turn into an ugly altercation. I am a mild-mannered Minnesotan/Vermonter. I cannot take the fever-dream pitch of the conversation in this town.

To be clear, Nothing against postal employees. My carrier has been gracious and kind. It's just boston. Everybody here is on edge these days! My institution is likewise understaffed, and each new job creates a cascade of delegation, causing frustration anew at every level. I am not going to be that guy. Not right now. As I said, last resort.

I will keep this thread updated with the latest.

In the meantime, sing with me:
I want my
I want my
I want my Ti BB!