Old 08-10-22, 12:55 PM
headwind15
Bikeable

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 73 Posts
I have some new ideas: I have had recently been having crotch issues. I am in monsoon country, which means extreme humidity. Sweat goes down my back and into my shorts. Wet grinding is really bad. If done repeatedly (like I have) it can cause little painful hard skin bumps and if you scratch them off, your situation gets worse. Now you have exposed nerves. I am just getting over it. I plan to put a foam sponge around my back's waistline to catch the sweat/ prevent it from travelin' south. (I don't know if wet shorts is a contributor in your case) I have gotten into the routine if coasting downhills with my thigh on the seat instead if my crotch, so to air can get to my (wet) chamois while I am doing the downhill section(s). Just a good crotch reliving practice anyways. You can count one of your feet going around and come up with a number, where, when the number comes up, it tells you that it's time to get your butt off the saddle, like every 100 pedals or something like that. Saddle sores are always about the relationship between your butt and your seat. I've never herd of someone who got saddle sore(s) while riding off the saddle all of the time.