Old 08-01-21, 10:27 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,392 Times in 3,676 Posts
Originally Posted by cocoabeachcrab
thinking about a brooks cambium c19 on a 1950 Claud Butler resto mod build. not sold on the idea, but i'm trying to save some weight but still have a good rider for a more inbetween/upright position.. seldom in the drops. i know that saddle isn't necessarily a lightweight either, but lighter than a leather saddle and i need something wide enough for my needs. i just can't get a mental picture of that modern looking saddle on my vintage

frame.... that will determine the rest of the mix of parts, like using a cottered crankset or square tapered alloy. anyone have any pics? don
You could take the frame and a SP to a shop that has them in stock and mock it up. We have a couple of shops that have saddle libraries that you can check out a saddle to try. I think it will depend on the version, all black may be to sleek, the one with the organic/natural? under layer may be the one you want. I have one around here, not sure where.

Edit; looks like the 19 doesn't come in natural, only the 17 and even more spendy.

Last edited by merziac; 08-01-21 at 10:37 AM.