View Single Post
Old 08-03-21, 03:23 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8287 Post(s)
Liked 9,061 Times in 4,483 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
How long does weight proper lag behind changes in training volume of "feed your face" input?

I had the big week before vacation. Then a really low week on vacation and a tad after. Then a decent week this past week.

Seemed weight didn't go down during the big week before, but despite eating/drinking as I please and a short vacation week.........weight was static. But now that I had a solid week after vacation......it actually decided to go up.

Reason I ask is that I've always had this maybe poor assumption that it's pretty instant. Like a day later. Enough to account for recovery or whatever.

How's that work?
Some of us have a "set point" which is hard to deviate from. I mean if I'm 200 pounds a sudden binge eating session isn't going to change my weight much, just as a week of denial and lots of activity won't suddenly make me 195. Sometimes it takes quite a lot to move that needle in a meaningful way.

Another thing that happens especially when losing weight is a plateau, where it's harder than it should be to break through a certain weight. I know we like to say it's just math, calories in vs calories burned, but it doesn't always work that way.