Thread: Father and Son
View Single Post
Old 06-07-22, 11:34 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10965 Post(s)
Liked 7,492 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel4
The WeeHoo looks like fun. Does it stay upright when you are fully stopped?
I still have my burley after almost 30 years. I still remember pulling my two kids in it giving me a real good leg workout going up hills. Nowadays, I use it just to wheel around big bulky items ( like relocating a skunk I caught in a live trap).
Yes it stays upright when stopped. I converted our Burley into a flatbed cart- we used it to pull camping gear for weekend bike camping trips for a couple years.

Originally Posted by livedarklions
I had to google the WeeHoo, I don't think it was an option when my kids were small. Interesting. Based on your experience, is that something OP would likely enjoy using with a 5 yo in London?
I think my kids read kiddie books when they were in the trailer.
The WeeHoo is heavy, but its also sturdy and reliable. I didnt suggest it for the OP because having never been to London all I ever hear about weather is that its wet and I dont know how accurate that is. WeeHoo sells a canopy, but that may not be enough. And with a kid in a recumbent positon, they may get spray from the adult bike, even with fenders and a mud guard on the WeeHoo. Really not sure as we didnt use the WeeHoo in the rain.

The short time we used a Burley trailer, we used to pack it full of books- like a dozen of them so she could just grab one at any given time. It was always funny to clean that thing out after a family ride- a dozen books, a couple sippy cups, a few small bowls of dry cereal or whatever, and who knows what else.
Likes For mstateglfr: