Old 07-06-22, 09:33 AM
Gaz_

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
"Simple" cycling computer

Hi All,
I'm looking for a good cycling computer. I'm not sure what the proper terms are these days with all of the smart gear. But I'm talking about the old school type, where you have a magnet on the wheel. Wireless is a bonus.

I've used a few I like over the last few years, but they're always cheap, and always break.
These types mainly

Then one day they get wet, despite claiming to be waterproof, and that's game over. Or you'll press the button you're supposed to press, and you'll wipe the whole thing, and be 12 miles from home trying to remember your tyre circumference again.

So I'm looking for the best one I can get, Here's where it get's tricky though, because I know you've all already started to type Cateye quick. etc etc. Well, cateye don't cut it I'm afriad because they don't have the scan function and that's my line. I like have the computer flick between time, miles, avg and max as I ride along so I can keep track of everything without pressing any buttons. I even emailed cateye and asked if any of their line had the scan function and discovered they did not!

So, can anyone recommnd an actually good one?
Cheers,
Gaz