msalvetti

Bikes: 2021 Trek FX Sport 4, ~1996 Mongoose Crossway 4.50

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 1,310 Times in 434 Posts
Originally Posted by DeadSlow
Ouch!!
First time back on the bike since May. How can it be that long? DAMN!!
Between coughs, colds, injuries and bad weather it's been four months since I last rode.
Although we only got 2 frosts winter was colder than average here this year. It was also wetter and windier than usual. September is always our windiest month, but all of winter the winds were up making fat old man rides less enjoyable. Any low wind day I thought about riding I was either coughing or something hurt.
Anyway today I got back out there to start a new month. Things started well but I just I couldn't make my usual (pre winter) 30-ish kilometres route. Leg cramps, a recurring elbow injury from 25 years ago, a sore butt and the annoying damn cough all beat me up forcing me to call it quits early.
Oh well I've got some kilometres on the board for October, and even though we're getting another LaNina this summer hopefully the rain will hold off enough too get some road distance behind me.

MTD - 15.8 km
YTD - I've forgotten
Hey, welcome back. I was actually wondering if we would see you soon, since you should be heading into summer. Don't beat yourself up over the mileage. The important thing is to get out there again. The kilometers will come.

Mark
Likes For msalvetti: