View Single Post
Old 11-07-21, 07:40 AM
KrisHudson13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
So far so good!

Hi! Thought I’d throw my recent experience in to the mix here.

I too have just bought (3 months ago) a smart trainer, a Wahoo Kickr Core to be specific, and am starting my 11th week of Zwifts “Build me up” training plan.

It has definitely got progressively harder, however I have also got progressively stronger.

I was coming out of a few lazy months, I won’t bore you with the details of why that is, but I was not in peak fitness at the start.

I have hugely reduced my outdoor training during theses last 10 weeks, and decided to give Zwift the chance to Build Me Up…so to speak.

I have also done the same ride outside once a week to assess improvements.

The result….I couldn’t be happier!! I’ve got faster and more powerful, almost getting to a point where I feel stronger on the bike than ever before.

I had brief look at other programs when I first got my trainer, and couldn’t handle to cheesy “office worker trying to catch a few hours to ride between making the big bucks” vibe of the Sufferfest videos.

I’ve heard many people don’t enjoy the Zwift set up either, but I find if I throw on a playlist and push my ass off I can be dripping with sweat and gasping for breath on a lot of the programs prescribed.

In summary, my personal experience of the Build Me Up program in Zwift has been awesome. I love targeted training with specific number to have to hit, and I certainly got that from the combo of Zwift and the Wahoo Kickr.

Hope my view and experience of the program helps.

Ride On! (Haha, sorry. Couldn’t help it.)
Likes For KrisHudson13: