Old 01-10-21, 12:21 AM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4210 Post(s)
Liked 3,875 Times in 2,315 Posts
Originally Posted by L134
if the problem is because the stays are not of equal length and this is not addressed, the rear wheel will be running cockeyed no matter what one does with the dish. The rear axle won’t be perpendicular to straight ahead forward motion. Have the stays been measured?
In a manor of function the trued and dished wheel acts as the gage. No need to do any other measure to see if the wheel sits off plane WRT the front triangle. One's eyes can see the gaps and overlaps that frame alignment works with. Of course knowing how to interpret what you see...

Before I would consider filing anything I would want to do a full frame alignment lookover. I will not be surprised if there's other issues elsewhere. But this means a rather deep breakdown of the bike to pretty much just the frame and separate fork, not something many will want to do. So I also won't be surprised if the OP only deals with the rear end. I hope this is enough change to make the bike handle/track better enough. Andy