Old 08-01-22, 08:13 AM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,563 Times in 757 Posts
Originally Posted by oneclick
And further, in regard to the chain jamming when he tried a mounting it lower, likely it wasn't lower enough as "enough" would mean the cage would certainly be hitting the rear mech cable.
The lower edge of the inner cage plate can cause a jam if it is at a certain (slightly too high) level.
The top inner edge of the chin rides up that cage plate edge and if the 3-D alignment is *just* wrong one of the chainring teeth will catch the diagonally opposite edge of the same chain link.
Yeah, that's exactly what was happening when I tried to lower it... I'm going to see if swapping out the delrin guide for a metal one might get the RD cable a little lower and get me a little more lower with the FD...
Early AM 30mi ride today I managed to not drop the chain off once by making shifts from the middle to the big ring much slower....