SVTNate
Packers Fan

Bikes: 2010 Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by The Big Wheel
Does the Dash Pro 600 have 600 lumens when in flash mode?
Taken from the Road.CC review, which I read prior to purchase -

"The DayLightning mode is for visibility during daylight hours, and is perhaps the best feature of this lamp. In this mode, all five bulbs flash around once per second in a distinctive rapid triple flash, with the main lamp throwing out a claimed 700 lumens. I couldn't believe how bright and attention-grabbing the lamp is in this mode. Its pulses of light were so bright and noticeable, I could see it bouncing back off the road surface even in broad daylight. Riding through the centre of Bristol, I realised for the first time just how many reflective signposts and bollards there are – huge sections of the streetscape were flashing back at me in synchrony as I rode. Signposts over 200 metres away were clearly illuminated with pulses of light. It would be a particularly distracted driver who manages to overlook you with this going."

It's a great light, with a simply stretchy rubber band type attachment. No silly hardware to mount on the bike. No phone app nonsense to pair with. They're cheap and small enough that, if you were doing extended trips, just charge a spare and carry it with you.

Complaints? Well, I wish the included USB charging cable was longer. I keep my bike in the garage, lights attached, on a Park Tool stand. It would be cool to have the cable stretch 6-ish feet and charge while on the bike. But, it's a standard cable, you can get a longer one on Amazon for a few bucks. I just take the lights off the bike to charge, no big deal. I've got a magnetic power strip with USB ports on the side of my tool chest, so I just place the lights on top of that and charge them.