Old 11-11-21, 08:59 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 53 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1308:

33F this morning with a 25 mph headwind made this an extremely cold feeling commute. I wore my full fingered cycling gloves, but realized halfway to the office that I should have worn my winter gloves. My hands were painfully cold by the time I got to work.

Was passing a large group of transients who were standing on the MUP. One of them said, "Nice bike!", but the way he said it didn't make it sound like he was paying me a complement. As I went by he lunged at me, but he was inebriated enough to throw his coordination off and he missed. The whole group smelled like mouthwash, so I'm guessing that was their drink of choice this morning. I thought about calling the police, but decided it was just a drunken idiot who probably didn't know what he was doing.

Got to the client's office and discovered they are closed for Veteran's Day. That's OK. I have the whole building to myself and I can get a lot done without any interruptions.

On a sad note, last night I learned that a friend of mine had been riding his bike Monday when he had some kind of medical issue that caused him to crash. During the crash he broke two vertebrae in his neck and severed his spinal cord. He's currently on life support, paralyzed from the neck down and unable to breathe on his own. They were going to do some sort of brain scan to see if there was any activity, but as of this morning I haven't yet heard the results of the test.