Old 11-16-21, 08:12 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
Crashed this morning - ironically because I was doing a hard stop to turn around and take a photo for my funny-sign thread. My right thumb has internal damage worse than scrapes and bruises, might be broken or sprained. Comedy of errors at two different urgent cares. This is apparently beyond their capacity. Morning wasted. Not likely riding to work again until I feel like it's ok not to wear a splint, because gloves, you know. Might be after TG.

For another layer of irony about my busted thumb, prompted by Tundra Man's news about his poor friend, yesterday I started a thread on MTBR about crash armor. Theme being, once you have a crash helmet, what is the next most reasonable armor to wear? Supported by what data? Neck, back, pelvis injuries are drastic but rare, knee and elbow injuries are seldom that bad but common, shoulder injuries are hard to prevent.
https://www.mtbr.com/threads/proteck-your-neck.1196586/
Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear this, and I hope your thumb heals soon. Hopefully you'll be back to hitchhiking before too long.