View Single Post
Old 09-15-21, 04:35 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,750 Times in 891 Posts
Tuesday, took the GT for a mid-afternoon ride out the Minuteman to Depot Park and back.

Mass. Ave. and Mystic: they don't really want to kill us, mostly, and some of them can't see us well enough to support such intentional behavior anyway, must have been an accident. But some of them are pretty dumb; and that's not only the drivers. Easy to make up your own reality when trying to make policy, or trying to make time; coherence is in short supply. I'm talking about a different intersection, of course. Repeat "Safety" until you feel Safe.

Cranking along the lovely green corridor of the Minuteman was therapeutic, as it most always is.

Nominee for Best Minuteman User Affordance Installed By An Abutter. I've seen little kids use this, it's a hoot.

Across Arlington's Great Meadows, some of the leaves are already changing colors. Discuss.

Ever wanted to live in that Little House In The Woods that's directly on the Minuteman? Now you can, it's for sale!

No photos from the return leg of Tuesday's ride. I kept my pace up to about my current 10-mile maximum, without much conflict with other trail users. It was interesting. Played a couple of games of Drop The Pursuer along the way. Interesting to stay that focused.

Tuesday fled, and Wednesday morning, bright and early by my standards, I put the GT on the bike rack and took the Prius into Lexingon Toyota for a service appointment. I rode the bike back to East Arlington, a pretty little ride along the Minuteman in one of its friendlier aspects.

While taking the bike out of the garage, I found a wooly bear caterpillar, yet another harbinger of You Know What. Its brown stripe is rather narrow, so maybe the auspices are favorable...

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 09-15-21 at 06:36 PM.
Likes For rholland1951: