View Single Post
Old 01-22-22, 04:45 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4415 Post(s)
Liked 4,867 Times in 3,012 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyoguy
Let me explain my diet better. Even though it has a nice fancy name Fat Smash Diet. It is simply a fancy name/plan for quitting overeating cold turkey.

I traded 2+ IPAs a night for water all day, potato chips for carrots, and a 20oz Rib eye for a 4 oz sirloin. The menu started out as almost a fast for 4 days with very little protein, dairy and carbs, then every 4 days the 'module' changes giving more items back and showing how to balance a healthy diet. I have lost 13 lbs in 19 days and can get into pants that were tight a few weeks ago. It might be water weight for now but eventually the fat will catch up and the beer belly will go away also.
Rather than focusing on rate of weight loss, it's better to focus on a long term sustainable diet and lifestyle. Most (if not all) rapid loss diets are unsustainable and therefore fairly pointless. Diets that lose weight slowly are likely to be much more sustainable. Basically you need to be able to live with your diet forever, not just for a couple of months. In the first 2020 lockdown our neighbours went on a crash diet and both lost a ton of weight very quickly. Now in 2022 they are both as over-weight as they ever were.
Likes For PeteHski: