Old 05-25-22, 02:04 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by HTupolev
The problem that I have with the "use a small differential to avoid front tire collapse" reasoning is that it doesn't seem like a logical solution to the proposed issue. Many proponents of the strategy will recommend dropping from 93r/89f to 75r/72f (or whatever) if a ride contains some rough sections, but hard braking or cornering on a stretch of good pavement in the latter case doesn't put less stress on the tire than in the former case.
Dunno. What you write makes zero sense. Sorry. I also think you do not understand what I am saying because I did not write 93r/89f or 75r/72f. I do not see with my riding any braking or cornering problems with tire pressures in the 75-80 psi range.

Proper tire pressure depends entirely on the road surface to optimize the suspension effects needed for the road surface. As long as you are above recommended minimums, there is no problem. And, just to sum up....I pick the highest pressure that gets me good comfort on the roads that day. Today, it was one pressure and tomorrow's nice roads will be a different pressure and always lower pressure on the front tire on my road bike