Old 09-27-22, 04:24 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4210 Post(s)
Liked 3,875 Times in 2,315 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
I don't ride tires that wide or at that low pressure, so treat this as speculation.

The best success I've had with glueless patches has been with tubes close to the tire size (no 22-35 tubes in a 32 tire, please!) and fairly high pressure (70-90 psi). I always figured the high pressure, along with proper tube sanding, was responsible for holding the patch in place until the sticky adhesive set. If somebody knows better, or has a good reason for speculating to the contrary, I'd be interested to hear it!
This! "Glueless" patches just have a lower grade of glue and the ability to stay on is challenged by the tube stretching, squirming about or rubbing against the tire's insides. I have found rubbed/rolled off glueless patches in tires that we fixed the flat on at the shop enough times. Andy