View Single Post
Old 11-24-22, 11:14 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10440 Post(s)
Liked 11,914 Times in 6,101 Posts
Humbug method wins again. Though, honestly, I think I'd have gotten it in 4 without, based on what I wanted to guess third and 4th, but the potential to not get it till 5 was there.
Wordle 523 4/6

🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Rode on Zwift yesterday despite it being a nice day out. Time got away from me. I can't remember if I mentioned this, but I'd been looking for a training wheelset for a while. I use the Canyon on the trainer, and I didn't want to burn up a newish GP5000 on the trainer, but I also didn't want to be swapping tires when I want to ride it IRL, since being plastic and having disk brakes makes it my best wet weather bike. I found a set of Fulcrum Racing 600s that were nearly new for a pretty good price, but they needed rotors and cassette. Those are now on, along with a used GP5000 with a cut bad enough to keep me from using it on the road, but it's fine for the trainer.

Disk brake wheels aren't like rim brake wheels. If the brakes rub, you can't just loosen the cable, you have to re-center the disk in the caliper. Which means I'll have to re-re-center it when I swap back. C'est la vie..

Anyhow, it worked fine and now I have an extra wheelset. Not sure what to do with them, beyond using the rear on the trainer. Maybe I'll put some gravel tires on them come summer.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: