Old 04-22-17, 06:23 PM
2cam16

Bikes: TRIMMED DOWN THE HERD

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1092 Post(s)
Liked 936 Times in 601 Posts
Originally Posted by Clyde1820
Looks like a fairly decent deal, here. Presuming the description is accurate, no dents/divots and so on. Lusted for one of these back in '89/90 or so. Very light. Very good climber. Great bike.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/6097065670.html

1989 Ritchey Ultra, 18.5in frame, 26in wheels -- San Francisco, CA area (East Bay) -- $300 ask

(Note : reposting this at lower price. Make me a reasonable offer!)

This is a slick Ritchey Ultra, circa 1989 (It's either 88 or 89, but looking at the catalogs, it looks like 88 used U-brakes, this has cantis). It's all stock equipment, with not many miles on it. The guy I got it from had kept it in the garage for his wife who apparently didn't ride much (even though he decaled her name on it! It says "Goldie" on the non-drive side). I've put maybe 500 miles on it since last year. There are a few paint nicks, but it's a clean bike overall. It's fun but a little too small for me!

It's TIG welded Tange Prestige butted tubing all around, pretty great stuff. The geometry is nimble and it really rips on the local singletrack. All the bits are Deore XT, all working like it's 1989 again. It features 6-speeds (why would you want more?) with a triple in front.

Parts list:
Biopace II crankset 46-36-26
12-28 cassette
Deore XT hubs, brakes/levers, seatpost, derailleurs, pedals
Specialized GX23 rims
Tange headset
Forgot the brand of the bars, they're neat
Oury grips
WTB Wolverine tires 2.2"
Ritchey-branded Avocet saddle
Cables & Brake pads are original, still good but 30 years old and will last maybe one more season

You can also have the matching white Old Man Mountain rack that came with the bike.

It's a size 18.5. I'm 5'10" and it's a little small for me, which is cool for throwing the bike around on a trail, but it's ideal for someone a couple inches shorter.

Here's what the Ritchey catalog says about this model:
http://www.oldmountainbikes.com/cata...hey1989_08.jpg

Interesting. That's been on CL for a few months now. As soon as you posted it, deleted by seller. lol