Old 05-19-20, 06:33 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 934 Posts
Great find. For starters: Do the work yourself. That alone will make many projects worthwhile regardless of monetary outlay.

Cables & housing are cheap & a given when it comes to these things. It'll be $30 well spent. I like stainless steel cables & compressionless brake housing. But galvanized cables & coil brake housing works well & costs less.

Derailleurs usually are not worn so bad that they are a problem that can not be corrected.

The spoke situation can be addressed by a competent mechanic. I wouldn't hesitate to bring a wheel to a shop for a tune & true. File this to the "basic maintenance" catagory of expenses. For one it help build a relationship with a shop & for 2 not many people have the right length of spoke & a truing stand on hand. For 3, it can help address any lingering tension/fatigue issues. With 2 broken spokes already, it sounds like the may be some that need addressing.

Good find & good luck. They are very reputable bikes.

Car dependency is a tax.