View Single Post
Old 01-22-23, 10:24 AM
ilinpelin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Dear all,

I just tried the bike and it is just beautiful. The frame is "Thron" and it does say on the side "construita nel...".

The front gear-shift didn't work well enough, so the seller said he'd have to take a closer look at it and I'll have some extra time to think if I want it in a couple of days. The size seems to be just perfect for me, better than my Peugeot.

So I have only two consideration. One - there're a number of places where the paint of the frame is a bit chipped - there is no visible rust. I think it had been cleaned - but I wonder if this is something I should be worried about. The seller assured me that if rust grows back there it should do very slowly. As I said, those places weren't even that many and are maybe no real issue but I thought it could be mentioned. My bigger worry is how to make sure this bike isn't stolen. I wonder if a good lock is good enough. Does anyone use a bike like this and leave it at train stations work etc...? Are there locks which are good enough? I would certainly love to use it every day going to places - but I would also like to minimise the likelihood of it disappearing.

Many thanks,
Ilin