Old 06-10-22, 07:06 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
Incorrect.

I come on here from time to time to smugly remind the rest of you that if you CHOOSE to do something that is maiming and killing other people on the regular, don't be a crybaby if it happens to you. I biked in NOLA under the worst conditions for 40+ years and survived somehow. Every time I threw my leg over a top tube and pushed down for that first pedal stroke I understood that could be my last day on earth. This is all I SMUGLY ask: That my fellow cyclists give conscious thought to the possibility that they ain't never coming back from that next ride. And if you still decide to tangle with motor vehicles on a bicycle then some of the blame is on YOU if you get blown up. Most of us ride by choice. Nobody's making us do it.

It's such a stupid viewpoint that expressing it automatically makes you smug. What you say is absolutely and literally true of any activity you engage in anywhere. Any time you go out of your home BY ANY METHOD, you are taking those risks. Your attribution of "blame" just for taking a calculated risk (which is inevitable in life, all actions involve calculated risk) is absolutely ridiculous and entirely arrogant. on your part.

And no, I don't consider myself at all to blame when some a-hole driver decides to roll coal on me. You said in a previous thread you found video of that occurring to cyclists hilarious and you applauded the video producer for their skill at gassing people.

You can run from your post history, but you can't hide it.
Likes For livedarklions: