Old 08-05-22, 04:45 PM
HelpSingularity 

Bikes: 1974 Masi GC, 1982 Trek 728 (aka 720), 1992 Trek Multitrack 750

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick53
I'll check that out thanks . I suppose I could get a road bike . Thanks again for the input
Yes, a road bike is part of the rabbit hole I was speaking of, with an almost infinite number of options available. I don't know what your inclinations are about acquiring another bicycle and/or your mechanical skills/abilities but to go fast and have a good time you don't need the latest and greatest. There are hundreds of thousands of bikes that were once state of the art and a total kick to ride then and are a total kick to ride now, but are now 'obsolete' and almost discarded like an old shoe and so can be had for a decent price.
One caveat I would make is to make sure that there is clearance for at least for a 28c or better yet a 32c tire. If you are not familiar with the supple/larger tire revolution please read up on it. This is a case where you can have your cake and eat it too. A supple, lightweight tire in the above mentioned sizes with the appropriate tire pressure will increase your comfort as well as your speed.