View Single Post
Old 07-26-21, 08:05 AM
FolderBeholder

Bikes: 1963 Schwinn, EuroMini Urbano, Magnum Premium 48, Brompton S6L, Tokyo Bike Mini-Velo

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube
I believe I recall talking with you while I was outside the EOU gym. I recall the conversation was not short, and I must have answered all questions. I believe the preorder price of the 8H was $699, the standard price ( once delivered ) was $799, and we increased it to $999 once inventory was low.

The cheapest competitor with a CDX gates belt, and Shimano 8sp internal hub was the Tern s8i for around $2200 ( in 2017 ). Your expectations of price stability at 70% less than competitors is not realistic. I have raised prices when we are low on stock for the past 20 years. It is our way of managing inventory. Early buyers get the benefit of higher resale values. You had the opportunity to buy at a huge discount, you chose not to. I think it would be more logical to ask Tern or a different company to drop the CDX belt bikes to $699-$799 level. Why are you questioning my prices that are less than everyone else?

I addressed this above. I control inventory management via pricing. It is legal and proper. I don't understand the logic of complaining about pricing for the lowest priced product in the market.....by far.

I'm glad you like your bikes. Are they are more generous with time than me....I find that doubtful. The entire lineup of Zizzo Urbano and below doesn't have QR's on the wheels, lower grade BB, drivetrain, etc for roughly the same price as our Nova. Most people would prefer better components & QR wheels for products in the same price range.

FYI I stated the Costco deal was a bad one....and it has changed. The change in Costco distribution pricing implies the old pricing didn't work.

It seems you do have a personal beef, since there is no logic complaining about prices that are 60%-70% less than all competition from 4 years ago. FYI we could sell for 25-30% less than competitors this would lead to making more money. We have tons of price elasticity. I prefer my business model. The next generation will decide on the future of Downtube policies & pricing. My time is coming to an end soon!

Thanks,
Yan
You talk in circles…but it’s of no consequence as our conversation has run it’s course.
Best wishes to you moving forward.