Thread: War
View Single Post
Old 03-05-22, 05:44 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,585 Times in 2,344 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Kid
Gas just hit $6.00 a gallon in CA! OUCH!
worth every penny to resist that lying, cheating POS puny putin & all his lying, cheating supporters, both foreign & domestic. but of course I wish it wasn't happening, because the domino effect will affect so much else. I remember in 1979, the year I got a job as a short order cook & front desk clerk at a small resort on the cape. the sign out front read: $22 for 2. my 1st week, the GM told me, if business doesn't pick up we won't be able to keep you on. fortunately July 4th weekend came & ppl got in there cars for vacation as usual. I forget what the price of gas was in NY at the time, I want to say 49 cents a gallon & there were lines. the cheapest places had the longest lines. I went to the more expensive stations because there was no line or a shorter line. a friend working at one asked me why & I said, your gas isn't much more expensive & I'm only paying another dollar for the full tank. as shocking as high prices are I try not to look at the total bill when I fill up, I just fill up. like every financial crisis it affects those that are the least able to pay. been driving 4 cylinders since gas hit $4 back in 2006? 2007? for my 44 mile round trip commute, electric bikes are looking more attractive these days!
Likes For rumrunn6: