Jadesfire 

Bikes: '88 Bianchi, '94ish Trek

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1085 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Vol
???
Hot sauce is something that is only supposed to be used as a garnish to bring a little bit of heat to a dish. I've never used it more in my life than I did on that trip to add something resembling any kind of flavor. Maybe we just had a succession of bad cooks, but Wyoming is not remembered fondly for the food.

Originally Posted by Velo Vol
wut

That looks disgusting.

Originally Posted by indyfabz
In some areas in Spain (mostly non-touristy ones) restaurants may not open for dinner until 9 PM. It was very hard to get used to when I was touring there and ate out as opposed to cooking. Even cooking my own dinner had its quirks. If I was staying in a small town and didn't get my groceries by 2 PM I had to wait until 6 PM, when siesta was over.
Originally Posted by BillyD
The other thing I couldn't get used to in Paris was continental breakfast . . . "Where's the bacon and eggs around here?" That was a bad way to start my day off.
These reminded me of visiting Italy- late dinners and real espresso in the mornings took some adjusting (not at all complaining, it's just the quirks of new experiences). My favorite, though, were the different breakfasts in Costa Rica when my brother got married: early risers got the more traditional rice and beans and fruit. They started rolling out the American breakfasts around 9:30am- waffles, pancakes, sausage, etc. That was the best part about the insomnia that hit me on that trip- I really liked the early breakfasts, a quiet patio, and a view of the Pacific.