Old 01-20-18, 09:21 AM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 193 Posts
If you already have an LED display that shows battery level and pedal assist level, an LCD display is just an ornament. You won't get much new information. The KT LCD-3 give speed/distance/time, outside temperature, battery indicator, pedal assist level, battery voltage, and current power being used in watts. After a week or two, you only care about PAS level, and speed/distance, but an inexpensive bike computer where you put in the wheel circumference is more accurate.

If you like gadgets that are inexpensive, you might consider a wattmeter. These will also tell you the battery voltage, and current. It calculates amp-hours and watt-hours, except I have found only Amp-hours is accurate. It is wired in-between the battery and controller, and cannot be mounted on the handlebars because the wiring is too long. I use them to measure the amp-hours my bikes use, and then I can evaluate the quality of my various batteries. Probably $15 USD on Aliexpress.

In your other thread you wanted to upgrade the motor. What is the top speed of your ebike now? If a new controller/display cannot help that, and you will have spent $100 USD for no imporvement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
tenergy.jpg (117.2 KB, 40 views)