View Single Post
Old 09-19-21, 09:00 AM
Smokinapankake

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 682 Times in 261 Posts
Some guys have all the luck….

….And yesterday that guy was me. I made a 3 hour round trip yesterday to pick up this for a very reasonable $150, down $30 from the sellers’ asking price:

A 1995 Trek Multitrack 7900, the very top of the line MT that year. The Trek Multitrack line was never really on my radar until I read through the “Show us your Multitrack” thread a few years ago. From that I decided I wanted a 750, but they’re like hens’ teeth around here. Last year I finally nabbed a 1996 720, and have been really pleased with it. And then this showed up. I didn’t hesitate, and now it sits in my garage as pretty as ever.

Comparing it to the 95 Trek catalogue, It looks like the only thing the PO changed was the stem to a short reach, high rise unit. It, too, is a Trek branded stem so I suspect it got changed when the bike was initially purchased. Additionally, the toe clips and straps have been removed at some point in its life. Tires are different as well, as is to be expected.
I found only two blemishes - one on the drive side seatstay, and one on the no drive side fork blade:

Plans for the future are to replace the stem and seat, and change the shifters (Grip Shift X-ray 8 speed) for some rapid fire 8 speed, and ride the wheels off of it.

It is in like new condition; I doubt if it has 100 miles on it. I’m over the moon excited to add this beauty to my stable; but now I need to find a new home for one of my “lesser” bikes!

Pics for fun:

Tight cable routing!

Thanks for looking!