View Single Post
Old 11-24-21, 04:13 PM
bike_tom

Bikes: 2022 Trek Checkpoint ALR5, 2014 Cannondale Trail SL1, 1983 Fuji Royale II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 589 Times in 241 Posts
I had a great ride today. MM to Bedford and Narrow Gauge Rail Trail (NGRT) up into Billerica. It was brisk but very pleasant. Not may people out, except when coming back just after the schools got out.

This is the side trail leading down to Fawn Lake. The NGRT was behind me as I took the picture.

There was quite a head wind on the way out, but working harder against that warmed me up quickly. I wore the Pearl Izumi AmFib gloves I got last Spring:

If anything, these were too warm this afternoon, but they would be just right if it was still in the 30s. They are a bit hard to get back on after your hands sweat a bit, but its not a big deal.

I don't know if anyone else has encountered the fussiness of the electronic lock on the men's room at the Bedford Depot, but I have found a workaround: lift the inside handle so it is fully horizontal (pointing to 3 o'clock) before touching the lock button. It works every time if you do that. The return spring is weak causing the handle to not return to the fully latched position on its own, and that prevents the lock from engaging.

I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving. We've got a turkey breast dry brining in the fridge that I plan to cook in my charcoal smoker. The weather looks great for that.
Likes For bike_tom: