Old 01-11-22, 10:40 AM
IceTee2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
After many years of just riding and little or no wrenching, I have two 'winter projects', a 1995 and a 2005 Trek 520. I don't think either qualifies as vintage but maybe classic. The 1995 was purchased complete with (reportedly) less than 200 miles on it and was completely original except for significant paint scratches from a year in the back of a Kia Soul. I tore it completely down and cleaned and lubed everything and it's going back together as original (Deore LX grippe. The 2005 was purchased as a frame and fork. This bike was cannabalized by the original owner when shipping a bike to Europe became a problem and the components were used for a "screw-together (?) frame. As some of you who replied to my posts, I agonized over rebuilding with the original parts but finally decided to go with new Alivio grippe and this bike will essentially have specs identical to a 2021Trek 520 specifications. I'm NOT a bike flipper. I just want to build a few bikes that people can enjoy for what they are....good day tourers. Just my $0.02....