View Single Post
Old 12-02-22, 11:26 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,388 Times in 3,673 Posts
Originally Posted by grant40
I swear all of these people's spare parts or beater bikes are nicer than any bike I will ever own.
You gotta quit dinking around then, step up and step out.

I always look for deals but when I found something I wanted that I knew enough about when i started here, I didn't hesitate, got after it and got it done.

Sure I paid a bit for many of them but glad I did, I have several bikes I would never find again, especially the Merz's that are each custom one of a kind.

Also have plenty that were a great deal, maybe some of it evens out, or not, no matter, again I have several that can't be found for less than crazy $$$$$$ and I didn't pay crazy for any of these IMO.

The other key thing IMO is the prowess that can come along with this journey, a lot of the knowledge to be had is a bargain for the often meager POA. You have to work at it too, know your limits but don't cheap out to your detriment, sometimes it is expensive but there is always something to be learned.

90% of this bike thing is really a pretty good deal especially when you consider the fitness aspect that you often can't buy for several times the cost of this deal.