Old 11-18-18, 06:53 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia
I disagree. There is no reason why indoor training sessions have to be a mindnumbing slugfest
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
The notion that we should just "HTFU" on the trainer and deal with it is absurd. Why not then put on your hairshirt and give yourself a couple of lashes beforehand.

Its cycling. If it's not enjoyable, what's the point?

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I never said a trainer session should be intentionally made more difficult than it needs to be. I sometimes crank music while I'm on the rollers.

What I meant was that many are addicted to stimulus and unable to tolerate sitting still and being alone with their own thoughts, that's all. People can't even stand quietly elevator with another person for 30 seconds.

I happen to enjoy silence and solitude. It has nothing to do with HTFU but with learning to be without constant audiovisual stimulus.

If TV or music or Zwift makes trainers more enoyable then great. I'm all for it but spending 1.5 hours without music or TV shouldn't be a big deal for anyone.