Old 04-09-21, 07:36 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1169:

Third rainy quarantine commute in a row. Temp was 43°F and wind was steady at 17 mph. At least it was a headwind on the way to the office, then I could turn around and let it push me back home. I'd much rather fight the wind first and then take it easy later.

Was checking the air pressure on my tires before I left the house and noticed my front tire had a bulge in it. The tire isn't that old and only has 2078 miles on it (about 1/3 of what I normally get out of a front tire.) Glad I saw it before I left the house.

Unfortunately, that was my main bike for rainy weather. I have two other bikes with fenders. One is my fat bike, which coincidentally has a flat front tire (needs sealant) so that wasn't an option. The other is my old winter bike with studded tires, which I didn't feel like pulling down from storage and dealing with the resistance of studs. So I decided to ride the road bike which meant me and the bike got completely covered with muck by the time I got back home.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to order a new tire...