Old 04-26-21, 07:27 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1180:

48F this morning. I left my long pants and jacket at home and just wore a sweatshirt and pair of shorts. It was just a touch chilly, but not so much where I thought about it the entire ride. It's supposed to be mid-70s for the ride home so it will be nice throwing my sweatshirt in the bag and just riding in a t-shirt.

Pulled my bike down and the rear tire was flat. Then I remembered I was having a slow leak last week where I would pump up the tire in the morning, and by the time I went to ride home from work I could tell it was a little soft but still inflated enough to ride. I milked it through the end of last week thinking I would fix it over the weekend. Then I completely spaced it off this weekend so I decided to try and milk it one more day. Hopefully I won't encounter a completely flat tire when I go to ride home.

Rolled out of my driveway and realized I forgot to put on my GoPro. I decided to just ride without. A couple blocks away I thought how much lighter I felt than normal, and was amazed that leaving the camera at home would have such an effect. Then it dawned on me that I'd also forgot to put my backpack on and that's why I felt so light.

I quick rode back home and grabbed both the backpack and the camera. I'm glad I figured out the backpack was missing before I got a few miles down the road.