View Single Post
Old 08-22-21, 07:09 PM
Attilio

Bikes: Salsa!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 39 Posts
Ah OK, thanks for the heads up. I cannot say I have always heeded the signs but as a general rule of thumb the worst time to disregard them is the middle of the day on a weekend like I have planned as opposed to say early in the morning like first light on a weekday. Huge difference in the amount of people there to create problems for you. Also risky is that I don't know the area and I am not from there. If I were going to get in trouble for where I have been going for the last few years it would have happened and I would be serving consecutive life sentences for it. I also think COVID relaxed a lot of the busybodies and authorities creating trouble for hikers and MTB'ers especially families like we go. People seem more understanding now vs 2-3 years ago of those enjoying nature.

Said differently I routinely bike places where it's not technically allowed but I know locals, authorities and whatnot, what times to be there, how to act, what to say and who to call if there's a problem always going about it respectfully without causing a ruckus. Best to be careful in unfamiliar territory I don't have time to explore, cultivate and understand. I think the bike path will provide plenty of entertainment for now, looks beautiful.

Thank you very much!