View Single Post
Old 05-25-22, 08:44 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4416 Post(s)
Liked 4,872 Times in 3,016 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Results using the parts being debatable, this statement ignores contractual obligations involving said teams or individuals.

I'm not super convinced of the whole replaced derailleur cage and massive jockey wheels. But feel like at least the Ultegra/Dura Ace wheels are better, and perhaps if you don't shift much replacement wheels that are just a hair larger might have the slightest effect.

The reason in TT sometimes it isn't a thing is the huge wheels mean longer cages and longer cages means less aero. The SLF style cages can re-balance that loss. Perhaps.

But's a pretty weak argument to make to say "this or that person don't run it so it must not work". I'd instead lean upon all the inconclusive data that's out there.
If there was really any worthwhile advantage here, don't you think Shimano/SRAM/Campag would be on to it anyway? The one thing you can say is that not having over-sized pulley wheels certainly isn't going to hold you back in any meaningful way. I love tech, but these are a joke - especially given the price. I would struggle to think of a worse ROI.