Old 10-05-22, 04:54 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by ClydeClydeson
From the article:
2% seems very low. My experience with the general public is that far more than 2% are F'ed up on something at any given time, esp. the marginalized populations who are generally more likely to be using drugs and less likely to be driving automobile. And as for the 30% of that 2% with cannabis (pronounced kan-AW-bee) in their system, so only 0.6% of the population used in the study are using cannabis? I guess they didn't do their study at a mountain bike park in BC

I would bet that a statistical analysis looking from a different perspective would lead to the conclusion that biking while high is less dangerous. Or maybe just that people on drugs are less likely to go to the ER when they crash their bikes.

I think it's a lot simpler than that--the people coming into the ER for bike injuries are not likely to be tested for drug use and the proportion is wildly understated. That likelihood is acknowledged in the study, they just don't know how much it's understated.