View Single Post
Old 12-05-22, 11:17 AM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1103 Post(s)
Liked 3,765 Times in 1,844 Posts
Originally Posted by Clang
It's an '84 (the '85 High Sierra has a unicrown fork). Most notably yours is missing the setback seatpost with extra QR that's depicted in the panel pic of the catalog.

Those eBay prices sound wildly optimistic. There was an '84 High Sierra that was tempting me in my local market that sat on CL for weeks and it was only $100, maybe $120. Perhaps in CA you can double that if you can find someone with early mtb fever. I never see these Schwinns getting close to Stumpjumper money.
In the last few years in the SoCal market a few dozen of these (high sierras) have come up for sale. Prices have ranged from $50 - $550, somewhat based on condition and year but more on random pricing. I have posted quite a few at sub $200 prices, Clang, quite a few lower than that (I belive a nice one at $25). I don't think any have sold for north of $350, nice examples regularly sit for a few weeks in the $225-275 range but seem to sell. Yours is nice and an 84' and I would guess Santa Cruz is a pretty good market so you might start at at a higher number, but be ready to drop into the $200's to get it sold.
Likes For SoCaled: