Old 04-07-20, 05:37 PM
berner

Bikes: Specialized Secteur, old Peugeot

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked 496 Times in 299 Posts
Originally Posted by seedsbelize
Suddenly classical music curious. So far, today, I've tried baroque, beethoven, stravinsky, and am currently listening to mozart. Frankly, I'm having trouble with all of it. Recommendations? Or is it just time that's required? Been R&B all my adult life.
I have several suggestions. I'm a classical fan and have been running into videos of young music prodigies which has me entranced. The first video is of two girls, both who play both piano and violin at a high level. One girl, Alma Deutcher is hailed as a new Mozart. She plays and composes her own music and has performed all over the world.
The second video is of a very young girl, Clara Gibisova. Even at her young age she displays high concentration and intensity and an inherent understanding of what the music is doing.
I don't like everything classical. Most music is a product of not only the composers mind but of time and place. Some world class musicians in preparing a new piece for performance will read a biography of the composer and become familiar with the times and even the instruments of the period. This takes a bit of work and time.