View Single Post
Old 04-24-20, 09:07 AM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3357 Post(s)
Liked 3,636 Times in 1,242 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
That hasn’t happened here yet but I’m sure it will. I’m having a really hard time with it trying to manage work, school and the kids. My 7 year old daughter has taken to carrying around a stuffed animal and my 8 year old daughter is frustrated with “home school” and is acting depressed and cries all of the time. She misses her friends and life and doesn’t understand how this is impacting her in a way that she can express in words.
That's rough. My wife is taking care of a 5 year old since his preschool shut down a while ago and his parents are still working.

I'm hearing similar things from her, he hasn't left his house for like 6 weeks and doesn't really get why, when previously he was at school 5 days a week. His teachers told him that they can't go to school anymore because there's a "Big Germ" out there, but what else can you tell a 5 year old?

Poor kid even was supposed to have a big group video call with teachers and all of his classmates. He got super excited and dressed up to look good for his friends but he was the only one that signed in to the call I think that eventually that day he did get to see some of his friends on a video call, but it still bummed him out.