View Single Post
Old 09-16-21, 10:22 PM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 546 Posts
sure wish i could find a good web image as i don't have a photo of mine, but the 1993 (or around there) mongoose crossway is a very good all road candidate, imo. i have the 625 model. it's a hybrid designed around atb bars, but converts very easily to drop bars with a tall stem ..ie. nitto technomic or dirt drop quill. and, the top tube is short, i think, for the typical hybrid length. anyway, supports canti's, front and rear racks, mtb gearing, and easily fits 700x45c tires <<hot!!>>. 48's would fit i'm sure, but it'd be pretty close to rub. also, it's made with tange doubled butted mtb tubing. good tubing, relatively light, and durable

i know there's a dude that has photos of his on facebook. just can't find it at the moment. i'll keep trying

otherwise, miyata made late 80's and early 90's triple cross and alumicross. only up to 700x38c tires, but pretty much the same capabilities as the aforementioned mongoose

the late 80's bianchi volpes were really cool, too
Likes For thook: